Owuor guards his past with two flaming cherubim. Nobody is permitted any access to his past lest their eyes be opened and they see his ‘nakedness’.
He says God called him when he was studying for his doctorate in Israel, throws in a date 1999 but says he can’t remember the date.
In this 2009 interview with The Standard, he tells us he received Jesus Christ in 1988, his first vision was in 1996 in Israel, from 2001 he started having regular visions:
From his Repentance and Holiness magazine first edition released/written in July 2006, Owuor severally tells us he was called in 2003. In fact, he shares some of the visions he received in the year 2003.
He also once claimed to have been baptized in Chicago.
Nobody should ever be judged by their past because there is no stain of sin the blood of Jesus can’t wash.
But Owuor has been busy cultivating a myth that he is sinless and this may explain why he hides his past.
Prophet Owuor’s Family
‘Prophet Owuor’ was born in 1966 in Goma village, Usenge in Bondo District in Kenya. He is the second born in a family of six girls and three boys.
His father Helekia Owour was a civil servant who worked with East African Community Prison Service and rose within the ranks to be a Sergeant Major.
His mother the late Margaret Achieng’ Owour was a housewife, a peasant farmer but a dedicated Christian.
‘Prophet’ Owuor’s wife
Please read the last two sentences of the 2009 Standard article:
“While in the US, he also cohabited but the woman left after he started seeing visions.
“I reflect back and I see this as the work of the devil so that I do not follow the calling by God,” he concludes.”
Owuor tells the newspaper he COHABITED while in the US, and that this was the ‘work of the devil ‘
We went to work and dug about Owuor’s US life. We know he faced rape charges after he repeatedly assaulted his colleague Hua Zhu.
We also knew there was one Dawn Marie Vogel whose name showed up severally in his background check, and who at some point went by the name Dawn Owuor.
Who is Dawn Marie Vogel?
16613 Covington Mnr, Edmond, OK 73012. Prophet Owuor and his wife shared this home built in 1999. It contains 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
This home last sold for $240,000 on June 27, 2017, about 14 years after Owuor fled the United States.
16613 Covington Mnr, Edmond, OK 73012
Prophet Owuor’s wife Marie is listed as one of the previous four owners to this property. Its therefore clear that Owuor, either before or after marriage moved in to the home already occupied (and owned) by Marie.
Cohabiting or married?
Dawn Marie Vogel was Owuor’s legally married wife until April 27, 2004 when they divorced at Oklahoma District Court (Case number FD-2003-4230)
Divorce is a legal matter which happens in competent courts so there is a number assigned to each divorce proceedings.
Anyone who doubts this can go to the same court, flash the same number and they will get these records.
10 Facts about ‘Prophet’ Owuor’s marriage
- Owuor lied about his past in this 2009 interview.
- Owuor’s marriage to Dawn Marie Owuor had no children. The divorce was marked DIVORCE WITHOUT MINOR CHILDREN (DIVWOMC)
- Owuor was divorced AFTER his ‘calling’
- The divorce was messy. Observe from the date of the proceedings August 6, 2003 Dawn applied for temporary orders. While their nature is not known, we know the orders normally sought during proceedings.
- Owuor was served with the court summons and was supposed to appear in person. Service was effected on August 13, 2003. It means Owuor was still in the US at this point
- Owuor’s lawyer withdrew as his counsel on April 7, 2004
- Owuor’s explanation for his ‘single’ life is that in his calling, he cannot be able to raise a family because he is always on the move from town to town, country to country. Having a family, he says, would tie him down and he may not be able to follow the will of God.
- Owuor confesses that he has not been able to constantly keep in touch with his parents, brothers and sisters because God disconnected him from them.so that he can be committed to Him and the ministry,
- In the 2009 interview, ‘prophet Owuor’ confessed that he went home last in November 2004 when he held a crusade in Homabay. He never attended any of his parents’ burials at their rural home in Yimbo.
- In the same interview, Owuor says he had a son in Israel and almost married the mother but he moved to the US and the girl’s family refused to let her go with him.
Lessons from ‘Prophet’ Owuor’s marriage and Divorce
There is more we can glean from this document, but the most important thing is Owuor divorced after his ‘calling’ and has been hiding it from you. He trivialized his marriage calling it cohabiting and ‘work of the devil’.
Owuor claims being single helps him focus on his ministry, but Peter the apostles to the Jews was married. Paul was not married.
There is no biblical basis for divorcing or celibacy to make your calling more effective. In fact, God hates divorce, but he PERMITS it.
Owuor has continued to trivialize marriage in his 14 years leading to innumerable marriage breakups.
His infamous doctrine of ‘separation’ has seen spouses breaking up for the flimsiest reason.
A spouse being a non-Owuorian is enough grounds for divorce according to him.
Owuor will never command any respect for the marriage institution, and the fruit of this mentality is evident.